Thursday, March 24, 2016

Inverness - Home of Nessie and Unicorns


 















Inverness is a beautiful little town in north central Scotland, right by Loch Ness. This was the finish line (and packet pick up location) for my infamous Loch Ness Marathon adventure. Sadly, I didn't get much time to explore the actual town.  I was occupied running through the deserted highlands to get back to civilization. The little bit I did see was lovely.

 

The main river that runs through the town is the River Ness.




















*


*
*


Yes, it is associated with Loch Ness as well. Since it's such a famous river and loch, there was a giant Nessie in the main park downtown. Of course I had to get my picture with Nessie.

Also, Inverness is the special place where Unicorns come from. What more incentive do you need to visit?



No comments:

Post a Comment