Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Giraffes are Amazing



*













The amazing part about staying in the African savannah is staying in the African savannah. It's such a foreign concept for me to see these exotic animals roaming free in their natural habitat. And this setting is their regular home. While for me I've only ever seen them in a zoo.



Of course I took a thousand pictures of the same animals. It was so exciting turning a corner and there right next to the jeep is a wild animal of some kind. In this adventure, giraffes were everywhere. Of course the first few times it's crazy exciting. They're so big, and they can blend in so perfectly with their surroundings. And they're quiet.




Despite their size, you don't hear them stomping through the wilderness making a lot of noise. They're so graceful, and watching them was hypnotizing.



Even though the novelty of seeing giraffes wore off by about day 3 of the safari drives, and the ranger joked about how the giraffes were becoming a "bloody plague" because we could get away from them, I still loved every time we saw them. I did become a bit more desensitized at the regularity of these exotic animals, but I still took a picture every chance I could. They are just beautiful. And I don't think I will ever be able to see them in a zoo again without feeling sad. They should be roaming free.
 
  

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment