Thursday, October 31, 2019

Ille D'Orleans



*













This is a little island that connects by bridge to Quebec City. The whole island is 20 miles long by 6 miles wide, but it's apparently where Quebec gets all it's fresh produce from. I'd wanted to see the island as I heard it was just a beautiful little spot to explore. I had no idea how absolutely beautiful it would be.


It made me feel like I was in an Anne of Green Gables movie. It was that beautiful country landscape. Of course pictures just don't do it justice.

It was covered in vineyards, and apple trees falling over from the weight of the apples. There were stands everywhere for fresh berries, apple ciders, all kinds of homemade produce. I would have loved to buy a ton of it if I'd been able to. Instead we drove the island twice, stopping to take pictures along the way. We were told that the chocolate on this island was some of the best around, so of course we went in search for a Chocolaterie.

And we found one. And had the best chocolate of my life. I still dream about that chocolate. And the soft serve ice cream that we had with the chocolate is unlike anything I've ever had. I'd fly back there for the weekend just to get another one.
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment