Monday, March 14, 2022

Manoa Falls Morning Hike

 A new day in Hawaii started with a hiking adventure. We are morning people. Even when I don't have to be up early, years of 4am running is still ingrained so sleeping late is difficult. But it does have its advantages. Like going on a morning hike and watching the sun come. Also avoiding all the heavy traffic and having a trail to yourself for a bit. 

We didn't cross paths with anyone until the trek back to the car, which was really nice.

We decided to try Manoa Falls hike as it was not too far from our hotel and was listed as being a fairly doable hike for those who weren't trying to scale the side of the mountain.

I was still feeling off from the day before and was having a hard time shaking the motion sickness. Sometimes just walking and moving helps. While I still wasn't feeling 100%, and we moved much slower than normal on the hike (I wasn't feeling great, and it was a lot steeper than I anticipated) The view along the way was spectacular. 

The waterfall was a bit disappointing because it hadn't rained in a while. Apparently the best time to hike to a waterfall is after there has been a rainstorm. Good tip to know, but we couldn't be picky.

I'll pause here while I bombard you with the fantastic view and video of the gorgeous morning. The sounds of nature, watching the sun come up, all surrounded by an environment that looks almost prehistoric. I fully believe dinosaurs are somewhere around here now. We were looking for them. Plus, the size of the leaves on some of these plants are incredible. For reference, the husband is 6'5.







As you begin the hike there is a little tourist trap of a restaurant and cafe where you can grab some snacks and drinks. you can also buy bug spray (so many bugs in this tropical rainforest area) for $11 a bottle. We suffered the mosquitos. They were advertising pineapple dole whip and I had to try some. Plus, after a hot and muggy hike something cold sounded amazing. They were just starting to open to we hung around a minute to be able to try some. Worth the wait. So worth the wait. I might have made myself sick eating the whole thing (it may not have been the best choice for my stomach), but I have no regrets. 









No comments:

Post a Comment