Tuesday, March 1, 2022

North Shore Waikiki


 After the shark excursion, which was totally amazing, I was not feeling well at all. The ocean did not agree with me, and it was not a fun feeling. 

Because it was early, we decided to walk around the shops and grab some snack for breakfast. I needed the chance to walk around, so we enjoyed the morning time getting some souvenirs and enjoying the scenery. 





There were lots of wild chickens around at the cafe where we stopped to get fruit smoothies. One of the best smoothies I have ever had by the way. We even got to experience the poke bowl that I hear all about in Hawaii, which was also really, really good.


By midday the pedestrian and tourist traffic were getting to be a lot, so we gave up our parking spot and went for a drive around the area. We passed by a few beautiful beaches and finally stopped at one to enjoy the sound of the ocean. I'll also include some video below. 

I am really into turtles right now. Someone during out shark diving excursion told us of a beach no one knows about where you can always see turtles. We found the beach but weren't sure we were in the right place. Eventually we found the area and saw some turtles. There will be more posts on this to come as we went back there many times. And I will never tell where this place was, because if people knew they'd probably destroy the habitat, and they'd start charging you a fortune to see them. So don't ask, I won't tell.

After a very long, and queasy for me, day, we made the trek back to our hotel. On the way we passed a local fruit vendor on the side of the road. We had to stop to see what she had and got some of the best pineapple I've ever tasted. While I'm sure you get sick of it if you live in Hawaii, this Texas transplant couldn't get enough.





No comments:

Post a Comment