Monday, October 17, 2022

Driving up the East Coast

 
After DC we wanted to drive up the East Coast, with our end destination to be Maine. Along the way I wanted to stop at the Hershey Factory. It was only an hour away, I love chocolate, so why not? The drive was beautiful and the candy store was every bit as packed full of product as I anticipated.

The whole store smelled liked chocolate, obviously, and if I could have my house smell like that all the time I would. We didn't pay to tour the actual factory, or make our own candy bar. We were just passing through so only stopped to shop.

For some reason I wanted to buy everything in the store. Something about the chocolate smell and candy makes you lose your mind. We got some candy favorites, a few internal treats, as well as some other little things. Because we were flying home we had limited packing space. Probably a good thing because I could have done a lot more damage.

After the sweet stop, we continued on our way. We stopped an Gettysburg for a minute, and then wondered through some Amish country. We stopped and a store to see what they have and got a few souvenirs. 

We saw some beautiful farms and covered bridges along the way as well. I'm always looking for painting inspirations, and this part of the world is full of ideas. I hope to come back to this part of the country and spend more time one day. So beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment