Monday, April 28, 2014

A Smurf in Trafalgar Square



While I was in London last month I stopped at the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square. I was in need of an art fix and was in heaven for a few hours while staring at the life sized paintings of landscapes and portraits. Some of these master artisans included Monet, Manet, Degas, Rembrandt, and Van Gogh. Of course there were many other masterpieces by artists I was unfamiliar with. Needless to say it was the refreshing bit of culture I needed.

Before going into the Gallery, I stood at the front entrance and looked out over Trafalgar. London is such a bustling and busy place that for a moment I just wanted to capture the ambience of it all - the musicians playing in the background, the constant traffic, the influx of people, etc. I stood there for about 5 minutes just soaking it all in and loving the moment. I decided to take a quick video to capture this part of Westminster just as I saw and loved it right then and there.

Later that night I was going through my pictures and videos when I came across this particular one. While I watched the video, I noticed for the first time a smurf in the frame. I did a double take and watched it again. I seemed to have captured him on film but not so much in real life. How did I miss that while I was there? Sadly I have no idea what he was doing or why he was there.

It turns out I'm incredibly un-observant. Who would have thought I'd see a smurf?

No comments:

Post a Comment