Thursday, February 28, 2019

Christmas Castle in Naples

Because I was in Naples towards the end of November, they were starting to get ready for the Christmas season. As such, there was a local Castle that they dress up with all kinds of decorations at this time of year, and for two weeks turn it into a big local famers/ flea type market.

Every booth there is all hand made.

I could have spent days there.

There were local fresh cheeses, meats, breads, jams, chocolates, pastries, soaps, candles jewelry, pottery, leather workings, Christmas ornaments, woodwork, etc. etc. etc.

I could have spent tons of money if I had been there long enough. We were on a time schedule, so we didn't have a ton of time to spend here. Definitely a good thing because I would have spent more than I have.

But sadly there are a few things I really regret not buying while I was there. Since I have family out there, there's a good chance I'll go back for a visit again before they leave. I will definitely plan it for close to the holidays. Not only so I can go back to this beautiful Christmas market, but also so I can see the city all done up with lights for the holiday.








No comments:

Post a Comment